Unable to Connect Ledger Hardware Wallet on MyCrypto
Last updated: January 15th, 2021
Sample error message: "Error connecting to device. Failed to sign with Ledger device: U2F OTHER_ERROR"
Your Ledger Hardware Wallet can be finicky at times. Here are some troubleshooting tips that should help solve most of the common issues when connecting to a Ledger.
- Make sure that your Ledger firmware is fully up to date by using Ledger Live. Read the instructions for Nano X, or instructions for Nano S.
- Use the MyCrypto Desktop App.
- Try unplugging your Ledger device, then plugging it back in.
- Restart your computer.
- Try a different USB cable.
- Try a different USB port.
- Try a different computer.
- Make sure you don't have any other apps open that connect to your Ledger (e.g., Ledger Live, Mist, etc.).
- Make sure that you are confirming any transactions via your Ledger.
- If you are using Linux and Ledger, you may need to add udev rules (under Linux section, scroll down).
You can find additional instructions per operating system on Ledger's support page.