MyCrypto is not a "web wallet." You do not create an account or give us your crypto or tokens to hold on to. MyCrypto is simply an interface that allows you to easily interact with cryptocurrency.
In order to ensure your security and privacy, no sensitive data is ever saved, stored, or transmitted when you use MyCrypto. We only have access to the information that is publicly available on the blockchain.
Unfortunately, this means we cannot:
- Recover or reset your password
- Recover your private key
- Reverse or cancel transactions
- Access your account
- Recover your account
- Send your cryptocurrency or tokens from one address to another
However, there are some services that can help you recover your private key.
- Wallet Recovery Services - These folks can potentially recover your account if you have an idea of what your password may be, and they have great reviews. Check out their site for more details on what they can and cannot recover.
- Keychainx - This is another recovery service that can help you out if you have a slight idea of what your password may be.
In the future, we highly recommend you print out a paper version of your wallet and keep it somewhere safe as a backup. You can read more about how to safely back up your wallet here.
I forgot the password to my presale wallet file
While there is no way to guarantee that you will suddenly remember your password again, here are some things to keep in mind:
- The minimum length was 10 characters
- The password must contain at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one symbol, and one number
You can also try using pyethrecover, which will check your wallet against a given file of passwords. The tool requires Python and the bitcoin package from python-pip. If you know at least part of your password, you can use this program to automate the testing of permutations of your known password characters (just add them all to a text file).