How can I help with translations?
Our team is somewhat multi-lingual, but we rely on the community to help out with languages we don't know. If you're willing to help, we'd really appreciate it.
- Find your language file - Language files are located in common/translations/lang/[language-code].json. If you don't see your language in here, feel free to create a new file by copying en.json and naming it after your language's 2 letter ISO 639-1 code.
- Make your edits - Simply find the phrases that you want to translate, and change the text on the right side of the key. Make sure that you are following JSON formatting or the code won't be able to read it.
- Maintain the meaning - Try to stay as close to the original English intent as possible and keep words consistent. Learning how to interact with the blockchain is difficult, so sticking with the wording and naming conventions that our team uses will make it easier for users.
- Do only as much as you want - We use a lot of copy around the site, so it's daunting to translate it all in one go. Don't worry about doing everything, just do as much as you want. We'll take in even single line changes.
- File a pull request - To submit your translations, you'll need to make a pull request. If you're not familiar with git, don't worry. You can easily make one online by clicking the pencil edit button on the file when you're viewing it, and it'll make one for you when you're ready to suggest your edits.
If you follow the steps above, we'll be sure to provide your translations to everyone. Thanks a lot for helping out your fellow users!
For more information on how you can help contribute please follow the link.