Unable to Connect Ledger Hardware Wallet on MyCrypto
Sample error message: "Your Ledger is currently in use with another application. Please wait, or close other wallet applications before trying again."
Your Ledger Hardware Wallet can be finicky at times. Here are some troubleshooting tips that should help solve most of the common issues when connecting to a Ledger.
- If you are using the MyCrypto.com website with your Ledger, turn browser support turned ON. This option is on your Ledger device itself. Navigate to Ethereum -> Settings -> Browser Support.
- If you are using the MyCrypto desktop application, make sure browser support is turned OFF. This option is on your Ledger device itself. Navigate to Ethereum -> Settings -> Browser Support.
- Update your Ledger Firmware. Ledger Firmware Update.
- Restart your computer.
- Try unplugging and replugging your hardware wallet.
- Try a different USB cable.
- Try a different USB port.
- Try a different computer.
- Try using Google Chrome, Opera, or Brave. (March 2019: Recent updates to Chrome have caused issues. Try Opera or Brave!)
- Use the MyCrypto Desktop App.
- Make sure you don't have any other apps open that connect to your Ledger (e.g., Ledger Live, Mist, etc.).
- Make sure that you are confirming any transactions via your Ledger.
- If you are using Linux and Ledger Nano, you may need to add udev rules as explained here (under Linux section, scroll down).