FAQ: Unable to Connect Hardware Wallet on MyCrypto
Sample Error Message: "Your Ledger is currently in use with another application. Please wait, or close other wallet applications before trying again."
Please try the following. This solves 99% of problems.
- If you are using MyCrypto.com + Ledger hardware wallet, make sure you have browser support turned ON. (This option is on the Ledger device itself under Settings)
- If you are using the MyCrypto desktop application + Ledger hardware wallet, make sure browser support is turned OFF. (This option is on the Ledger device itself under Settings)
- Restart your computer.
- Try unplugging your hardware wallet and plugging it back in.
- Try a different USB cable.
- Use Google Chrome.
- Use the MyCrypto Desktop App.
- Make sure you don't have any other apps that connect to your Ledger open (e.g. the Ledger Bitcoin Chrome app, Mist, etc.)
- That you are confirming any transactions via your Ledger.