Ledger: Error Code 5
The Most Common Fix: Close Other Ledger Application
Close all other Ethereum applications, Ledger applications, and MyCrypto tabs. Error code 5 means that another application is already connected to the Ledger device.
Turn On Browser Support
Please be aware that the newer versions of the Ethereum app on the Ledger device do not have the Browser Support option, it is already enabled. If you do not have the newest version of the Ethereum app, follow the following steps:
If you're trying to unlock your account on MyCrypto.com using your Ledger, make sure it's connected and unlock the device using your pin!
Using the buttons on the Ledger, scroll to the Ethereum App.
Go to "Settings"
If you want other ERC20 tokens to work, Enable "Contract Data"
Switch "Browser Support" to "Yes"
Please note that if you are using the desktop application, browser support should be off!
Other Troubleshooting Tips
- Restart your computer (Do not be lazy. Restart it FIRST).
- Use Google Chrome or the MyCrypto Desktop App.
- Make sure you don't have any other apps that connect to your Ledger open (e.g. the Ledger Bitcoin Chrome app, Mist, etc.)
- Make sure you have browser support turned ON for MyCrypto.com and OFF for the desktop app.
- Make sure you have contract data turned ON.
- Make sure that you are confirming any transactions via your Ledger.
- Try a different USB cable.
On the other hand, if you're trying to get the Chrome App "Ledger Wallet Bitcoin" to work and it's not reading your Ledger, just make sure that on your Ledger Device you disable "Browser Support" in your app.